Pinita Colada Competition Terms
These Terms and Conditions govern these Competitions. All other information provided prior to entering the Competitions, including any instructions on how to enter these competitions, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in these Competitions is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, eligible individuals must;
- Visit The Body Shop Facebook page, and like and comment on the competition image, of which there will be one a week over a three week period
- Comment must answer the competition question posted on our Facebook page
- Once per week, The announced winner of the Comment Competition will win The Body Shop items specified in the competition post
WHO CAN ENTER
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia who are eighteen years (18) or older with. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid
- Multiple entries are accepted
- The Entrant acknowledges and agrees that his or her Entry will not be obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law
- The Entrant confirms and warrants that they have full power and authority to enter into this agreement and hereby indemnifies the Promoter from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO WIN
- The weekly Facebook Posts Competition commences at time of competition post on Wednesday 14th September 2016 and closes at Midnight AEST on Sunday 2nd October 2016(the “Competition Period”). The Facebook competition posts will be once per week.
- At the conclusion of the weekly Competition Period, one (1) Entry will be selected as the winner of each of the Facebook Posts by a panel appointed by the Promoter (the “Winner”), at the Promoter’s sole discretion. This is a competition of skill, with the winning entry will be chosen on the basis of its unique creative merit. Chance plays no part in the determination of the Winner.
- Each weekly Facebook Post Winners shall be chosen at The Body Shop Australia, Cnr Jacksons Road and Wellington Roads, Mulgrave VIC, 3170 at the end of each week and the final draw on Sunday 2nd October 2016. The panel’s decision is final and binding upon all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants who are not winners will not receive any notification at all. The Winner shall be notified via the Facebook post.
- The total retail value of the Facebook prizes is AUD$179.85 - with three prizes being offered during the competition period
- The Prize must be taken as stated and is not transferable to another person (unless agreed to by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash
- If a Winner is not contactable or the Prize is not claimed by the Winner prior to Friday 7th October 2016 the Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. The Promoter reserves the right to reselect an alternative Winner as necessary to distribute the Prize/s subject to any directions given by the relevant authority
- If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a gift to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
RELEASE FOR PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
- The Winner agrees to participate in any promotional activities associated with the Prize such as public appearances, photo opportunities or media interviews as might be required by the Promoter. The Winner agrees to the Promoter using the Winner’s likeness and image for any purpose related to the Prize and Competition
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the Winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate
- Any cost associated with accessing social media channels and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or offer that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of a Prize
- The Facebook promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies shall not be liable in any way if the performance of obligations hereunder is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any Act of God, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other cause.
PRIVACY, POLICY AND CONSENT
- The Promoter does not collect any personal information in this competition
- If your entry is selected as a winning entry, you will be contacted by The Body Shop Australia via Facebook and asked to contact us for the purposes of distributing your prize to you
- The Promoter The Body Shop Australia, having its registered office at Cnr Jacksons Road and Wellington Roads, Mulgrave VIC, 3170 phone (03) 9565 0500.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of Victoria, Australia.